Travel Medical Insurance
Your current medical insurance offers very limited coverage outside the U.S. It is likely that the only medical care your policy covers outside this country is life-or-limb-threatening emergency treatment. (If you have Medicare and no supplemental plan, you have no coverage outside the U.S.)
Countless health care scenarios can occur that may not be covered and
could ruin much more than your vacation or business trip. That is why I
encourage clients to purchase travel medical insurance before leaving
Advantages in Care, Cost and Convenience
· The plan includes Sickness and
accident benefits that help protect you against these unforeseeable
circumstances such as the flare-up of a major pre-existing condition,
food poisoning, an ankle sprain, a respiratory virus, an allergic
reaction and much more.
· The plan arranges to pay the
doctor or hospital directly. So you do not have to pay out of pocket and
submit a claim.
· The plan will help locate an
English-speaking, western-trained doctor or specialist in a country
where little English is spoken. They also assist in arranging
· The plan helps in finding a
hospital or doctor which meets your expectations for sanitation and
· In the event that you’re in an area where adequate medical care is not available, you could be medically evacuated to another country or back to the States...which would cost hundreds of thousands of dollars without the coverage!
Travel medical coverage is available on a per trip or annual basis. Before your next trip, ask us about available plans.